: a journey to find little smatterings of joy disguised as regular moments of everyday life :

an american girl in italy 1951 : ruth orkin

Sunday, May 9, 2010

10 : mother's day


occasionally, i wonder if i'll turn out anything like my mom. however, most of the time i realize that i'm already exactly like her. it's something that use to unnerve me as a teenager - can anyone else relate to that? i wasn't sure i wanted to become a second version of her, what with her silly habits, phrases, and slightly embarrassing tendencies. these days, i realize that there would be no bigger blessing than to become a second-generation anna. she's guided, shaped, and pushed me into the person i am right now, and will continue to do so throughout my life. i look forward to when i can follow in my mom's footsteps and shape my own daughter into a second-generation of me. i love you, mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment